Innovation Challenge for Development of Video conferencing Solution: Rs. 1 crore for the winner
Here is good news for app Developers! Yes, you guys have an opportunity to build an app and win a fixed amount of Rs. 1 Crore along with a certificate from the Hon’ble Minister of Electronics & IT. Want to know more about the “Innovation Challenge for Development of Video conferencing Solution: Rs. 1 crore for the winner? Here we go.
The Indian government has launched a video conferencing app development challenge for Indian companies with an award of Rs. 1 crore for the winner. This app development challenge is introduced by the government to facilitate the concept of work from Home(WFH).
While working from home, people share a huge amount of information online which raises concerns on the privacy of the conversations. In addition to that security of data is another concern as data is also shared through apps. To make India as the global player in development, production, and supply of innovative and efficient software products the government has come forward with this app development challenge.
The Ministry of Electronics & Information Technology announced the innovation challenge for the Development of video conferencing solutions. This innovation challenge is under the “Make in India Initiative”.
- The application in the app challenge should have the following features:
- The app should support all video resolutions and audio quality. The app should also work in low and high network scenarios.
- This Zoom alternative should be low on the usage of power/processor.
- It should not have any external hardware dependency and should work on any device.
- The video conferencing app should also have chat option during the conference, sign in and non-sign in options to join the conference.
- That is not all, the app should be browser and app-based interface.
- Should have encrypted network communication apart from having audio and video recording feature.
- The app should also have screen and file-sharing capabilities.
- Most importantly the app should have capabilities to host multiple concurrent conferences having multiple participants in each conference.
Who is eligible to participate in this challenge?
The innovation challenge is open for participation in teams having experts from all domains of the software development life cycle.