How to use Google Voice typing feature in Google Docs
Google Docs is one of the most extensively used online word services. If there is an alternative for Microsoft Word, it is Google Docs. Some of the features Google Docs are familiar layout, universal shortcuts to execute several commands. Google Docs also comes with Google Voice Typing feature. Now we will see how to use Google voice Typing feature in Google Docs.
Before we discuss about how to use voice typing feature, we will check in how many languages this feature is available. Google voice typing feature is available in English as this is the universal language. It is also available Nepali, Marathi, Hindi, English(India), తెలుగు, Kannada etc. You just have to select the language and starting dictating in respective language.
How to use voice typing feature in Google Docs?
- Open Google Docs on Chrome browser.
- You will be prompted to select one of the options i.e “Personal” or “Business”.
- Select “Personal” for personal use and sign in. (using your google login credentials)
- Click on “+” symbol to select Blank sheet or create a new document. You can also open an existing document.
- Now Click on “Tools” option and select ‘Voice typing’ from the drop down Menu.
- Docs will start showing a microphone icon at the top left hand corner.
- Click on Microphone icon and start speaking.
What is Google Docs?
Google Docs is web based application using which we can create Documents, Spread Sheets, Slides and Forms. These forms can be created, edited and stored online. You can also share your work/document with anyone in the world and they get option to edit the document. Most importantly files can be accessed from any computer with Internet connection.
Uses of Google Docs:
You can create a document, Spreadsheet, Presentation and Drawing and share it with someone.
Anyone in the world can access the sheet/documents and work on the same document.
Google Docs is an easy and a quick way to share presentations. Whomever you share the document can access the presentation.
You can turn the created documents/Presentations/Spreadsheets into PDF file.
Students/Teachers can share notes and edit the shared document simultaneously. Most importantly, Google Docs is a great option for group projects and lesson planning.