How to carry Driving Licenses and other Vehicle Documents on Smartphones
How to carry Driving Licenses and other Vehicle Documents on Smartphones?
Most of us forget to carry Driving Licenses, vehicle documents often. You know how important these documents are and imagine if a traffic police stops you when you forget Driving License or the vehicle documents?.
To come out of these instances, Government of India has launched an official App called mParivahan. This app allows you to carry documents like Registration Certificate, Driving License etc. in Smartphones.
Let us see how to carry Driving license and other documents on smartphones.
- Download mParivahan App from Google Play store Apple app Store.
- Launch/Open mParivahan app.
- Click the 3 horizontal lines from the top right corner.
- Click Sign in option and enter your phone number followed by the verification code. You will receive the code to your phone number that you entered earlier.
- Now click on RC tab from the homescreen of the app.
- Enter the vehicle number in the search field and search.
- App will automatically retrieve the data linked to registration number.
- Click on add to dashboard and add to account.
mParivahan is a Government app for all India RTO vehicle registration number search. The app also provides information about a car like, Owner’s Name, Registration date, Registering Authority, Make and Model of the vehicle. Likewise the app also gives information about fuel type, vehicle age, vehicle class, insurance validity and fitness validity.
What are the benefits of the app?
You can find the details of any parked, accidental or theft vehicle by entering the Registration Number. You can also verify your car registration details, details of second hand vehicle. Most importantly, if you wish to buy a second hand car you can verify the age and registration details.
App is available for both Android and iOS users.
Virtual format of the documents are valid as the physical one.