How to backup and restore Android smartphones using Google One?
If you have landed on this page, you want to know how to backup and restore Android smartphones using Google One. Isn’t it?
Google recently asked users to merge Google Drive with Google One, Google’s cloud storage space for Photos, Docs, Sheets and other Google services.
The cloud storage uses existing 15GB of free storage space from Google Drive. That is not all; Google also offers more storage space.
Do you know that you can also backup Android smartphone data including multimedia content, contacts, and Messages? Let us see how that works.
Steps to back up smartphone:
- Open Google Play and download Google One App.
- Once it is installed, open the Google One app and log in using Google ID and password.
- Select the Storage plan.
- Once you choose the plan, in the Home section of the application, click on backup now option.
- Choose the content that you wish to backup.
- Once you are done with selecting the content to back up, click Next.
- Now, click on Back up button and start the process.
How to restore backup?
Launch the app, under Home section look for Restore option.
Click on Restore backup.
All the available backup data will be shown, click on Restore button in front of each section to start restoring.
Important Note: Base storage is 15GB for all the users and you have to purchase additional storage space if the storage exceeds 15GB
What is Google One?
Google One is a subscription plan that Google offers to its users. You can choose the plan and purchase if you need more storage to use across Google Docs, Drive, Gmail and Google Photos. You also get extra benefits like sharing membership with family members.